Sunday, March 29, 2015
02:30 PM - 05:45 PM
We can’t get away from “big data” these days, but what does “big data” mean in a data management environment? There are also many "new data" types appearing - what's the significance of these and do you need to be managing them as well?
This presentation will review the new technologies and techniques in big data and new data and explain how they fit together. We'll talk about how they fit with legacy data management technology and your existing data architecture.
- The Data Scientist environment for predictive analytics – the Lab
- Operationalizing predictions – the Factory
- The new Data Warehouse environment and Data Virtualization
- Cloud Architecture
- NoSQL structures and databases
- In-memory databases – how and why?
- How does it all fit together?
- How does it fit with legacy data management architecture?
April Reeve has spent the last 25 years working as an enterprise architect and program manager. Now she is incorporating her enterprise data management knowledge in new Big Data and Advanced Analytics implementations.
April is an expert in multiple Data disciplines including Data Integration, Big Data, Data Conversion, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Master Data Management, and Data Governance.