Monday, March 30, 2015
08:30 AM - 11:45 AM
Policies and standards are a foundational pillar of a successful Enterprise Information Management program. Policies and standards can support the establishment of a program, and can help to mature an existing program. Policies and standards provide EIM programs with a way to build key partnerships, and to engage with both business and IT on topics that are important to the business and to executive sponsors. Polices and standards enrich a program, and have been central to usage, control, and valuation of enterprise data. Topics to be covered include:
- How to get started
- What policies and standards to develop
- Data Classification and Data Sensitivity
- Selection, harmonization, and application of National and International Standards
- Processes for development, maintenance, implementation, and approval of policies and standards
- Key enterprise partnerships: what to develop, how to develop them, and why they are critical to success
- The roles of Business, IT, Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management in policy work
- EIM Policy & Standard examples
Janet Lichtenberger is a data management professional with over 20 years of experience. She has held a variety of roles, including roles in data governance, program/project management, and client relationship management.
She is a frequent speaker at industry conferences, is the V.P. of Operations for DAMA Wisconsin, and is the Director of Global Data Governance at Walgreens Boots Alliance.
Nancy Makos is an innovative IT and Data Management professional with significant achievements in the financial services, insurance, health care, pharmacy, and retail industries. Her skills include data governance and stewardship, project management, business requirements and gathering analysis, master and reference data management, data policy development, data quality and validation, and client relationship management. Nancy has more than 15 years of information technology experience. She is currently engaged in building the Enterprise Data Governance program at Walgreens.