Thursday, April 2, 2015
08:30 AM - 09:15 AM
A case study of RMIT University's EDW implementation in data vault. This session is a practical guide to modelling and building an EDW in data vault from multiple large and complex data sources. The case study will share the end to end process for sample business concepts.
This session will cover the following topics:
- Identifying and aligning business keys across multiple data sources
- The value of business driven data vault models
- Satellites. How many for a hub?
- How to build staging for a data vault
- How and when to create surrogate keys
- Mapping for ETL
- Loading the data: dependency and parallelism
- Getting the data back out again
- Steps to accelerate delivery
Gabrielle Harrison is the Senior Data Analyst, Integration and Information Management at RMIT University. In this role she is responsible for data modelling and data analysis for the enterprise integration platform, data warehouse and operational data store.
Gabrielle is a Certified Data Vault Data Modeller, Certified Business Intelligence Professional, Certified Data Management Professional and Data Governance and Stewardship Professional. She holds tertiary qualifications in Applied Social Research, Management, Business Analysis and is currently completing a Master of Data Science.
Gabrielle has over 20 years experience in the education sector, 18 of these with RMIT University. She has over 16 years IT experience in systems analysis, functional analysis and application management, specialising in solving data issues.