Tuesday, March 31, 2015
01:15 PM - 02:00 PM
|Level: ||Technical (may include code)|
This presentation explains how to operationalize the enterprise reference data in support of the various types of processes like ETL, reporting, validation and application flow control using either direct data access or through web services.
The presentation will cover various topics like:
- simple codes lists
- complex codes combinations
- deploying to reference data stores
- deploying through web services
- pros & cons for decentralized vs. centralized location deployment
- pros & cons for centralized location deployment versus web services
- reference data in ETL processes
- reference data in reporting environments
- reference data in application automation
Saad Yacu is the Enterprise Metadata Team Manager at Allstate Insurance and has been a member of the Data Management group for more than 14 years. Saad is the lead architect and designer of the Allstate metadata repository, Data Guide and the Code Management System.
Saad is an experienced developer, and leverages his development skills to oversee the design of better solutions for managing the enterprise repository and the codes management system for a large insurance company.
Saad was able to position the Code Management System to be an enterprise asset currently used as the system of record by multiple applications for cleansing, verification, or translation of simple and complex codes.
Saad is looking forward to this speaking opportunity to be able to share his knowledge, experience, challenges and successes gained from designing and building these enterprise data management solutions.